Kombucha and Berry Real Gelatine Jelly
Eating a small quantity of gelatine each day is of great benefits, particularly for skin and digestive health, as well as maintaining joint and bone strength, hair and nails and balancing hormones.
2 tbsp gelatine (Great Lakes is made from grass fed cows)
2 cups fermented kombucha
2 cups of filtered water
150ml unsweetened cranberry squash
2 tbsp local raw honey – use more or less for your preferred sweetness
1/4 cup blackberries or seasonal, plus extra to serve with
- Soak gelatine in 1/2 cup of cold filtered water
- Mix honey in the remaining water heated to boiling
- mix together stirring to dissolve gelatine
- add remain ingredients and mix together
- pour into individual serving moulds and sprinkle equal berries into each mould
- place on a tray in the fridge to set for 2 hours
Tip: If your children are already used to sweet commercial jelly you can involve your children in making these real gelatine jellies to help to entice them into trying and enjoying them. My children enjoy the mixing and the sprinkling fruit.