Paleo Organic Macadamia Mayonnaise and Aioli
Paleo Organic Macadamia Mayonnaise:
- Makes 1 cup
- 1 large organic free-range egg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup light oil (macadamia nut oil, avocado oil or walnut oil)
- 2-4 tablespoons macadamia nuts
- Mill the macadamia nuts in your processor until fine
- Add the egg, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard and macadamia nut flour to your blender and blend for about 10 seconds until well combined.
- Remove the cap in the middle of your blender lid and turn the blender on on the lowest setting. Keep the blender running throughout the process. Or use a hand blender in a long glass container.
- Begin to very slowly drip your oil into your blender opening. Have the oil ready in a measuring cup or jug that’s easy to pour from, otherwise it will be too hard to get a thin stream of oil and it will pour too fast or make a mess. The mixture will begin to emulsify, thickening to produce a creamy texture.
- Keep dripping consistently until the mixture looks like mayonnaise. Don’t necessarily add all of the oil, stop when your mixture looks right and is at the right quantity for you.This whole process takes about 5-6 minutes.
Store: Your mayonnaise will last in your fridge up to 5 days depending on the freshness of your eggs.
To make it, all you need to do is use the mayonnaise recipe above but add a clove of crushed garlic at the stage you first blend the egg. You can also use raw cloves for a strong tangy taste, for a mellow rich smoky taste opt for roasted or confit garlic.