Low Carb Gluten-free Crunchy Cheddar Cheese Crisps
I love simple cooking and it doesn’t get any easier than this one ingredient crispy cracker snack.
Take your one ingredient, organic cheddar cheese with a good strong flavour, grate it and bake it. Its that easy. The cheese melts and turns golden leaving you with crisp lace-like crackers that are full of flavour. All complete in about 5 minutes.
I am very into these great cheesey little treats. I use them as dippers in many sauces and dips, or with soups and chilli dishes, simply as crisps to satisfy the munchies or my favourite is to use them as cracker replacements and top them with sliced onion and cucumber or sour cream and salmon.
They are a perfect quick low-carb, gluten-free, Ketogenic, Atkin and vegetarian friendly cracker option. A fab alternative to starchy processed snacks.
To make crunchy cheddar cheese crisps:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Roughly grate Organic cheddar into a dish
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place handfuls of the cheddar (2 tablespoons) onto the greaseproof paper, separate so not in a heap but evenly spread. Put the tray in the oven.
- Bake for up to 10 minutes, until the cheese has a lace-like appearance and golden colour. Remove the tray from the oven. Leave to cool. You can lay kitchen roll on top to soak up the oil if you prefer to reduce oil.
- Then serve!
- Use as crackers with a variety of toppings; cream cheese and cucumber, sour cream and salmon, slices tomatoes with basil.
- Use as dipper; in your homemade tomato salsa, chilli, guacamole or beetroot dips
- Eat as crisps!