Chicken, Cashew and Pumpkin Curry Recipe
A perfect winter warmer and in time for National Curry Week. This is an easy curry recipe and has a twist with the addition of seasonal pumpkin, which provides extra creamy depth.
- 6 boneless organic chicken thighs, diced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper chopped into chunks
- 4 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 cup homemade pumpkin puree (see Leafie recipe)
- 1 cup bone broth stock (see Leafie recipe)
- 2 tbsp Tallow or ghee
- 6 cardamon pods
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 red chillis chopped finely (more or less to taste, or leave out if you prefer when cooking for children and add to adults individual servings)
- 1/2 ground unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup of whole cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup of cashew nuts halved
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander / cilantro finely chopped
- Melt Tallow in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cardamon and cumin seeds. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until the sides have just turned white.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the chunks of pepper, pureed pumpkin and stock and the spices and chillies. Stir until combined and then cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground coconut and whole cashews and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve warm sprinkled the halved cashews and coriander with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and a side of cauliflower rice.