Flourness Chocolate Orange Cake Our delicious and really very easy to make low carb…
Fluffy Paleo Almond Biscuits
Very light and fluffy paleo biscuits with a great texture.
- 1 C. Almond Flour
- ⅔ C. Tapioca Flour
- ½ C. Coconut Flour
- 2 t. Baking Powder
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- ¼ t. Salt
- 5 T. Grass fed Butter, cold, cut into smaller pieces
- ½ C. Diary Free Buttermilk(1/2 C. Coconut Milk+ 1 t. Lemon Juice, stir
- together and let sit for a few minutes)
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients and cut in using your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dairy free buttermilk and the eggs until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the well of dry ingredients and fold in using a rubber spatula until fully combined. Mixture will be wet.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes so that the flours can absorb more moisture. This will make it easier to shape into biscuits. When the dough has sat for several minutes, you will notice it is not as
- wet and sticky as it was.
- Coat a ¼ C. measuring cup with tapioca flour(this can be done by scooping a full ¼ C. of flour and then dumping it back out and tapping the cup upside down to remove clumps).
- With the flour coated measuring cup, scoop up enough dough to fill the cup and then invert it on your baking sheet. You may need to tap the handle a bit to allow it to fully release. An ice cream scoop with a spring release will also work for more of a drop biscuit shape.
- Repeat with remaining dough, placing each biscuit 2″ apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the tops have turned lightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.