A no-bake fudgy chocolate fridge cake (gluten-free) with raspberries and almonds that sets in the fridge and only takes minutes to make.
A fuss-free, no-bake chocolate dessert. Its easy to make and can easily be adapted to suit different diets; paleo, gluten-free, ketogenic, Modified Atkins.
Its fabulously easy to make; melt, stir and pour, a short stint in the fridge and its ready to go! takes care of the rest and as the name implies there is absolutely no baking involved. It’s a one-bowl kind of dessert that’s made for busy days and last minute chocolate cravings.
I’ve taken some liberties and updated the traditional recipe to make one that’s entirely raw and filled with good-for-you ingredients; coconut oil, coconut butter, cacao powder, cacao nibs, raspberries and macadamias. Dark and decadent, a small slice goes a long way.
Most of us have heard by now that dark chocolate is really rather good for us since it’s a source of much needed magnesium, anti-oxidants and other beneficial compounds (not to mention a powerful mood improver) so you hardly need an excuse to make this.
It’s delicious eaten chilled straight from the fridge or, if you have more patience than I do, even better five or ten minutes later as its fudgy consistency turns positively silky.
Serving Size: Serves 8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- ¾ cup/180g coconut oil
- ½ cup/ coconut butter coconut butter
- 1/2 cup /60g cacao powder for raw or natural un-dutched cocoa powder if not, sifted
- ½ cup/120ml maple syrup
- Pinch of fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup/17g freeze dried raspberries or other freeze dried berries
- ¼ cup/28g soaked and dehydrated raw macadamias (activated almonds can be used for non Keto or MAD diet) if not activated then coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons/20g cacao nibs
- Extra cacao powder for dusting
- Line a loaf pan with greaseproof paper of clingfilm, set aside.
- Set the coconut oil and coconut butter in a medium bowl placed into a larger one filled a quarter of the way up with hot water. Stir until both are fully liquid and melted.
- Whisk in the sifted cacao powder until smooth and well incorporated.
- Whisk in the maple syrup and a pinch of salt until fully combined.
- Mix in the freeze dried raspberries, chopped almonds and cacao nibs.
- Spoon into greaseproof-lined loaf tin, cover the top with paper or cling-film lining and . Let set up in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into desired sized pieces and dust with additional cacao powder before serving.
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Raw, Vegan, Paleo, Ketogenic, Modified Atkins
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.)